We have an excellent opportunity for a 2nd Line Support to join one of the UK’s leading providers of school learning platforms whose aim is to engage, teach and educate through technology within schools.
About the Company
The opportunity is with an award winning, Gold Certified Microsoft Partner implementing e-learning solutions, with expertise in cloud computing for education and government customers. The platform is built on Microsoft technologies and is currently used by users across the UK. You will be a valued member of the team based in Watford, Hertfordshire.
- Respond to requests from customers and log these in the customer service system, by following internal processes.
- Ensure Incidents are responded to within their target response time and SLA.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and/or external customers, by telephone, email and face to face methods
- Produce and assist with any reports and documents
- Work as part of a team to achieve departmental goals.
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the company and participate in cross training to enhance knowledge of company products.
- Work together with other departments and divisions within the company to improve standards, efficiency and profitability.
- Take responsibility for managing incidents
- Take responsibility for personal and professional development in-line with agreed annual performance objectives.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to explain technical issues in a clear and concise manner to non-technically minded users.
- Good time management.
- IT literate, especially Microsoft technologies.
- Able to develop strong, collaborative and honest relationships with other members of the organisation.
- Ability to work within a pressured environment and deal with any potentially difficult customers.
- Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2016,
- Active Directory,
- Office 365
- Windows Servers (Domains, DNS, ADFS, Group Policy, User Provisioning, PowerShell scripts)
Desirable Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Microsoft Certifications e.g. MCSE,MCSA
- Educated to degree level.
- Microsoft Dynamic CRM
- Hyper-V (Creating and managing Virtual machines)
- System Center (SCOM, SCCM, SCDPM)
- Highly analytical, with good attention to detail.
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Able to provide high quality technical support
- A good working knowledge of how to operate MS office products
- Must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure, demonstrate drive and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to work.
Salary, Hours & Benefits
Excellent salary package, from £25,000 to £35,000 per annum basic, depending on experience.
This job description is a guide to the key elements of the current role. It is not intended as a completely permanent schedule and is not part of the employee’s contract. Please note that other duties may be required by management from time to time.
Company: Learning Possibilities
Department: Technical Support
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Reports to: Infrastructure Platform Manager