Job title: .Net Developer
Company: Learning Possibilities Limited
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
We are seeking a .NET developer responsible for building .NET applications using .NET languages and technologies focus on both front-end and back-end, or both. The primary responsibility will be to design and develop the layers of our applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
Some travel may be required.
About the Company
Learning Possibilities is an award-winning social enterprise in the education technology field working with governments globally. The Company is based in Watford, Hertfordshire.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automisation.
- Ensure code is saved for change
- Problem solving of application bugs and incidents
- Take ownership for problems and incidents
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Degree level education
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Self-starter, with strong innovation and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of .NET web framework, SharePoint and Office365/Azure
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- SharePoint and Development: SharePoint managed Client & Server API, SharePoint JSOM and REST API, Office 365 API, SharePoint Branding, Master Pages, Layout, Custom site definition, Custom web part development, Content Types, SharePoint Client & Server object model, Custom Workflows, PowerShell scripts and SharePoint API, Display Templates, Feature Stapling
- Microsoft Azure
- building and deploying server-side web applications and knowledge of C#, ASP .NET, ASP.NET MVC, ENTITY FRAMEWORK, WEB API, JQUERY, GRUNT, SASS, COMPASS, GIT, NODEJS, O365 APIs
- front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Angular JS/bootstrap/ HTML5
- Platforms: SharePoint platforms, Office 365 and Azure development and administrations, MS SQL
- Microsoft Azure:
- configure Azure resources at enterprise level and deploy across the Azure platform
- deployment and configuration in an Azure environment
Excellent salary package, depending on experience.
This job description is a guide to the key elements of the current role. It is not intended as a completely permanent schedule and is not part of the employee’s contract. Please note that other duties may be required by management from time to time.
To apply or find out more about the role please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Agencies please.